Nutella Cookies is a creative, fun idea for delicious and chocolatey desserts. Check out our simple recipe for baking chewy Nutella cookies.
Are you looking for a new activity that will help reduce your stress levels? Are you searching for an alternative to the donuts and bagels that your kids frequently snack on? Then why not hit two birds with one stone by baking?
It is one of those activities that will keep your hands and mind busy. In turn, you can forget about stressful ideas and instead become productive.
It’s also not surprising that people are discovering the wonders of baking amid the pandemic. The question now is, what type of goodies should you bake? Baking and cooking with Nutella is a great idea to consider.
When we talk of Nutella, one of the best recipes you can take on is a cookie. Read on to learn how to make chewy Nutella cookies with only five ingredients.
The 5 Key Ingredients for Cooking With Nutella
You can bake your chewy Nutella cookies using only five ingredients. This means you don’t need any essential baking ingredients that you often use to create those fabulous dishes.
Instead, you will only need to prepare the following ingredients:
- ¾ cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sea salt, and
- a cup of Nutella.
As for the baking equipment, you will need:
- A mixing bowl
- Baking sheets
- Plastic wraps
- Wire rack
- A sharp knife, and
- Your trusty oven
The great thing about cooking with Nutella is that it offers the right amount of sweetness. Moreover, when you mix it with other ingredients, it does not clash with the taste.
Classic Nutella Cookies
With the five ingredients in place, you can now start making the cookies.
- First, transfer the flour, sugar, and egg into your mixing bowl.
- Add the Nutella and combine all four ingredients.
- Mix them vigorously using your hands. What’s good about this recipe is it is child-friendly. Thus, you can invite your child to join you in mixing the ingredients.
- Get a piece of plastic wrap or baking sheet and lay it out on the table.
- Transfer your Nutella cookie batter onto the plastic wrap. Begin forming it into a shape of a log.
- Wrap the batter using plastic wrap and transfer it to your freezer. Leave it inside the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- As the batter cools down, pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and cut about 25 to 30 slices using your knife.
- Roll the slices into 1-inch balls and transfer them to the baking sheet. Make sure to keep the balls an inch apart from each other.
- Slide them inside the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies out of the oven and let them sit for about 2 minutes. As they start to cool down, sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Give them another 30 minutes to cool down before serving.
The Chocolate Chip Variant
With Americans eating more baked goods amid the pandemic, add some variety from time to time. Consider baking some Nutella chocolate chip cookies on your next baking session.
Here, you will need some additional ingredients on top of the five you already have.
- Room temperature butter
- Baking soda to help your cookies rise
- A teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken the cookies
- Salt and vanilla extracts for heightened flavor
- 1 and ¼ cups of chocolate chips
- The first step to making the Nutella chocolate chip cookie is to mix the butter and sugars.
- Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix everything. Make sure to keep mixing until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Next, add ¼ cup of Nutella into the creamy mixture.
- Whisk the dry ingredients and add them to the mixture. Continue mixing until your reach an even consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them with the cookie dough.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of Nutella and beat the mixture for only a few seconds. Get a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Your ratio should be one tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Bake the balls for about 10 minutes.
- If the edges turn golden brown, remove the cookies from the oven.
- Cap it off by sprinkling some sea salt and extra chocolate chips on top.
Baking with Nutella shouldn’t always be about cookies. Alternatively, you can create other Nutella desserts like Nutella brownies. This is also one of those Nutella recipes your kids can help you out with.
For the ingredients, you will need:
- 1/3 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¼ cups of Nutella
- Like with the cookies, pre-heat your oven at 350°F and wait for a few minutes.
- Next, line the bottom and sides of the pan with paper parchment or aluminum foil.
- Beat the unsalted butter using a mixer at high speed. Continue beating until you reach a smooth and creamy texture.
- Slowly add the brown sugar and continue beating for another minute.
- Transition your mixer to low speed and add the vanilla extract and eggs.
- Increase to medium-high speed and add the Nutella and sea salt.
- Put the mixer on low speed before adding the flour.
- Next, pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of Nutella and swirl it into the mixture.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, then let it cool down before slicing into squares.
Discover New Recipes, Today!
Through simple recipes like these, you can bake your way to beating stress and boredom. You will also create bonding moments with your kids and enjoy your creations after. However, there is more you can do in the kitchen than cooking with Nutella.
We invite you to explore our recipes section. We have many kid-friendly recipes so that you can get the whole family involved. Continue cooking and baking delicious treats for your family.